Sunday, July 5, 2009

Even Strippers Pray..... My Dream for Montreal.


I need to be up in a few hours to drive to Ottawa but can't sleep...

I just had an amazing night.... I could write until the sun rises, but for now, I'll just write about what impacted me most. I went to Montreal's biggest, best and most known strip club tonight. One of my best friends used to be a dancer at this club around nine years ago and has been a Christian now for two years- amazing girl with an amazing heart who is totally willing to help and support me in getting to Know Montreal's sex industry. We've been praying about this for months, have even prayed outside a strip club and felt tonight that we were ready to go in (unless God said otherwise and stopped us).

We reconnected with Sabrina, one of her old friends who is still dancing there nine years later. Toward the end of the conversation we asked if she needed anything or if there was anything we could pray for her... after giving us a couple prayer requests she proceeded to tell us that she prayed every night. You know when you have those lightbulb moments... I had one and now I can't stop thinking about it.

This is my dream:

Even strippers pray and are seeking spirituality. What if we had a 24-7 place of prayer in the heart of the city? This place would be open around the clock to welcome busy city people to just come pray, be still and connect with God at any hour of the day. It would be creative, artistic and full of authentic and fun community to just be there or play music, paint, pray with people, answer questions, have a meaningful conversation... A place where we could invite people, like Sabrina, back to pray if she needed some space or someone to chat with. Our generation is deeply spiritual, especially in Quebec where we've grown up in a post-catholic, extremely secular culture with very minimal religion... People are open to prayer and God... Maybe people just need a little support and prayer at times to keep walking in the right direction...

So God, I pray for this dream.... that you would prepare us for it and bring it on!!

3 comments:

  1. I could do the music like Misty Edwards did in the IHOP in Kansas, ya?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for this dream too...maybe we could have some brazilian music and good food ?!!! :)
    I have dreamed about a place like that for some time...in my dream I see a place where tired moms can have a break...they can sit down and talk with a friend, ( tea and a nice conversation = my idea of paradise..hehe)someone could watch their kids for a while, and they would have some time to pray, rest, dance ( barefoot, of course !) and just BE WITH THE LORD !!!!!!!!!
    hugs from Brazil
    Yara

    ReplyDelete