Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My prayer life.

Ever feel like you're just too busy to pray? I think most of us feel like that most of the time in our lives...

I think the past couple months have been some of the busiest months of my life. We just launched Unite Canada 2010, Christmas, Urbana, trying to finish the hardest theology class of my masters degree, I got engaged, wedding planning, house hunting, celebrating... Life is great, just sooooo busy! Where do I find time to pray?

Lucky for me, I'm being forced to find time. Next week I'm taking a class called "Reflective Prayer for Transformational Leaders", in Sumas WA as part of my MA in Global Urban Leadership. I have about 1500 pages to read on prayer, which I just started, and part of my 'class time' is a three day silent retreat- Lord knows I need this!

So I'll be using this blog to reflect on my readings and journal through this class for the next few weeks- Please join me on this journey!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daria,

    What's the reading list? Mind sharing?

    MJK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Sorry for the late reply- there was no internet while I was away... let the blogging begin now..

    Books:
    -Fifty Ways to Pray; practices from many tranditions and times- Blythe, Teresa.
    -Into the Light: Ministering to the sick and dying- Ron Delbene
    -Prayer, finding the hearts True Home- Foster
    -WHen the Soul Listens. Finding Rest and direction in contemplative prayer.- Jan Johnson
    - And part of my prof's Dmin work on, Experiencing God's Transforming Presence, Praying His Name in the HIgh Points and low points of life...
    It was an awesome week. I can send you the syllabus if you want. What's your email address again?

    ReplyDelete